Squee!! Excited and Trying to Contain it

First off, I know, I know. I am horrible at blogging. Maybe I need to make a reminder in my phone to write a new post every week. I have to start forming good habits...

Anyways... what am I so excited about you ask? Baby fever! But it's not really just me this time. Nigel has agreed that we can start trying to conceive if he gets promoted. We won't find out until August, but I am just squirming in my seat trying to control myself.

I asked my husband if he had a list of things he wanted to do before we had a baby and he said no, he doesn't think of babies that way. When I asked for clarification, he said that he doesn't really believe that babies prevent you from doing stuff that you want to do. I tend to agree with him. I feel bad for people that think of having children as a burden and a hindrance to their fun life. And I greatly respect those that include their kids in the things they find fun (of course I'm not talking drinking and partying hard). Around here in Colorado that includes things like camping, hiking, and other such outdoorsy stuff. For Nigel and I it would include trips to malls and bookstores... very child-friendly places. Nigel's only requirement for conception is that he get promoted in August.

Of course this just gives me opportunity to go crazy with baby fever again. I know it being based on him getting promoted is hardly definite, but because I don't fully understand the promotion process I'm just assuming it will happen. That, and usually things go pretty well for me when I'm positive. So if I keep working out and buy the healthy food that I need to start eating, I should have lost a good amount of weight by the time I'm ready to conceive. I want to get pregnant in November so my baby will be a Leo like me. I know that sounds horrible, but I think I just want my baby to be as close to like me as possible so I can teach him or her to be even better than I am.

I have been writing this post over too long a period of time and have lost my train of thought so I do not have a proper conclusion. I shall return with more random rantings I am sure at a later (well, hopefully sooner than later) date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Ideas Coming Back

Random Geekery #1

What is in a Name?